Top » Bands and Artists » G » Guided by Voices » Links
- Tribute Bands (1)
- Addicted to Noise: Robert Pollard Follows His Calling - Michael Azerrad interviews Pollard for Addicted to Noise following the release of the 1997 "Mag Earwig" LP. Includes samples of songs from the albums in various formats.
- All-Reviews.com: Do the Collapse - For three stars LarryG in a lengthy review raves, "A very good album which should appeal to a wider audience than GBV's previous work." Also a short review by Will, who awards the album 3 1/2 stars out of four. (Larger site includes review of Alien Lanes as well.)
- All-Reviews.com: Isolation Drills - Review of the album written by LarryG, who gives the effort three stars out of a possible four.
- Baltimore City Paper: Beer Thousand (May 16 - May 22, 2001) - John Sewell looks at the direction of the band as a May 19th Baltimore appearance approaches.
- Big Fish On The Line - Robert Duncan's tale of fishing with his son and interview with Robert Pollard's on his lo-fi quest. Includes MPEG excerpts from "Unleashed The Large Hearted Boy", "A Salty Salute", "I Am A Scientist" and other GbV songs.
- Bombast-xxx: Speak Kindly of Your Volunteer Fire Department - Bombast-xxx reviews Robert Pollard and Doug Gillard's "Speak Kindly of Your Volunteer Fire Department".
- Bowery Ballroom - C. Bottomly reviews the GbV Bowery Ballroom show for the VH1 website.
- Bulletin Board - A forum dedicated to discussion of the Dayton, OH rock group.
- CLUAS: Isolation Drills - Chris Houlihan reviews the album for the Irish music, cinema & travel site CLUAS.com.
- Canehdian.com - Review of 1999 LP "Do The Collapse" by Jason Thornberry.
- ChartAttack: GbV Take The Rock Geek Elitist Quiz - Matt Mernagh presents a question and answer session with the band from a meet-and-greet preshow party in Toronto.
- Discography - Discography, lyrics and sound samples.
- Do the Collage - Brian Staker's review of "Isolation Drills" for Slugmag.
- Event profile: Atlanta's Variety Playhouse - An event profile for the band's May 16, 2001 show in Atlanta, GA. Includes reader reaction.
- GetMusic A-List: Robert Pollard - Video clips of an interview with and performance by the GbV frontman.
- Goldheart Mountaintop Queen Directory - Fan site including partial lyrics and chords sheets.
- Guided By Robert Pollard - An alternative to the official GbV site, with a separate photos section, an interview by John Chandler of Puncture magazine with Bob Pollard, and a link to "Isolation Drills" touring partners Creeper Lagoon.
- Guided By Voices - Official site: MP3 files; information and news on Bob Pollard and his band.
- Heraldsphere: anthemic pop wonder - Nicholas Jaster reviews Pollard's career, the band's direction, and gives "Isolation Drills" four stars.
- INSTANT Magazine: Do the Collapse - Aaron Schatz says that this is GbV's breakthrough album, but the sound comes three years too late to be successful.
- In The Drink With Guided by Voices - Privy Magazine's Exclusive interview with Guided by Voices. Includes a large selection of photos.
- Ink Blot Magazine: Isolation Drills - Album review by Bill Meyer, as well as a biography, links, music clips, and pictures. (Larger site includes other reviews for albums such as Alien Lanes.)
- Inkblot Magazine: Kid Marine - A review of the first album in the Fading Captains series, Kid Marine, as well as links to reviews of other GbV albums and an interview with Robert Pollard following the recording of the Mag Earwig LP.
- Keeping it primitive - Excerpted from the Amplifier interview with Robert Pollard by Tom Semioli from October 1999.
- Live, Chicago Metro 12-10-99 - Sixteen photos by Matt Waters of the band in concert.
- Lycos Music: Biography - A short bio of the band with links to homepages for several side projects as well audio and video Internet downloads of live performances.
- Matador Records - The Matador records website for Guided by Voices, the label releasing all material up to 1997 for the band.
- Metacritic: Isolation Drills - Multiple critic and user reviews for Isolation Drills by Guided By Voices.
- Pitchfork: Isolation Drills - In an extensive review, Matt LeMay rates the latest album a 7.3, praising the return of the sound GbV fans' wait for, but pointing out the lo-fi, four-track days are over.
- PopMatters: Isolation Drills - Review by Wilson Neate declaring the album to be "as diverse as it is consistently compelling."
- Public Nigmity Guided by Voices Trivee - DJ Thom Thomas's off beat trivia quiz on the band.
- Robert Pollard and His Soft Rock Renegades: Choreographed Man of War: Pitchfork Review - Pitchfork review of the latest Rockathon/Recordhead release by Robert Pollard, featuring the former GbV mainstays Greg Demos and Jim Macpherson. Review by Matt LeMay
- RockNet's Roch on Music - Roch Parisien gives "Under the Bushes, Under the Stars" four stars (on a scale from 1-5).
- Rockathon Records - Homepage of the independent label releasing most non-Matador/TVT Guided-by-Voices-related material, including some Greg Demos material.
- RollingStone: GBV Cancel Tour - Band scrap dates after drummer's breaks hand.
- Salon: Sharps and Flats - A review of the Matador release "Mag Earwig" by Mark Athitakis. Includes an .aiff version of "Bulldog Skin".
- Sing365 - The lyrics to almost every GbV song as well as a link for corrections and submissions. A biography and discography of the band are also available at this site.
- Spin: Guided By Voices Tour Opener - Dan O'Conor sets up GbV's 2001 tour for Spin Magazine.
- Splendid E-zine: Isolation Drills - A review by Jason Jackowiak who says, "Isolation Drills rocks harder than anything else in GBV's seemingly endless canon."
- TVT Records - Page for the band's current label, featuring the 2001 release "Isolation Drills". A scrapbook, tour dates, band news and message board are included.
- The Onion AV Club: Guided By Voices - Interview with hard-drinking, outspoken singer Robert Pollard on his band's many lineups, Tobin Sprout, and Cobra Verde.
- The Phoenix Online: Isolation Drills - Swarthmore College's online student newspaper takes alook at GbV's latest disc.
- The Voices, The Voices: Robert Pollard continues to evolve - John Sewell analyzes the band's position prior to their March 1, 2001 appearance at Moose's Music Hall in Knoxville, TN.
- The War Against Silence #13 - TWAS, a weekly music review website, looks at 15 albums, from "Sandbox" to "Alien Lanes".
- Their voices have changed - The Washington Post's David Segal reviews GbV's 2001 release "Isolation Drills".
This category needs an editor
This category incorporates modified data from the Open Directory Project.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.