Top » Business » Instruments » Builders and Manufacturers » Stringed » Bowed » Violin
- Cremona Violins - Cremona Violins is a famed shop, founded by K. Abbühl in Cremona Italy. Violins created with the Italian sound after patterns of Amati, Stradivari and Guarneri.
- David T. Van Zandt, Violin Maker in Seattle, WA - Links to other violin and bow makers, resources, along with information and photos of Mr. Van Zandt's instruments.
- Gusset, David - Provides a portfolio, awards, history, design and varnish secrets. Also includes information on purchasing and appraisals.
- Hedrick, William - Custom made, hand crafted violins. Instrument pictures, descriptions, and maker biography.
- Historical Violin Atelier of violinmaker D.Badiarov - Historical Violin Atelier of violinmaker and bowmaker D.Badiarov specialized in historical and modern violins.
- Joseph Curtin Studios - Violin and viola makers/restorers. Information and brief history of violin making as well as articles of interest. (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- KG - String Instruments - High-end copies of Guarneri, Stradivari and Montagnana violins, violas and cellos - instruments handmade in China. Based in Australia, supply solely to trade (importers, wholesalers and dealers). Private inquiries welcomed to find local distributors. No prices listed online.
- Lazzara, Jamie Marie - A graduate of the Universita Internazionale d' Arte in Florence, Italy for restoration of fine art. Production is limited to four violins per year with a two year waiting list.
- Lorenz, B. - Craftsmen, players and educators create instruments for direct sale to customers.
- Michael Darnton Violin Maker - Michael Darnton is a professional violin maker in Chicago.
- Nagyvary, Joseph - Researcher uses scientific approach to instrument making. Discussion of wood preparation and tone quality.
- Raffaello Di Biagio - Maker and restorer of instruments in the traditional Cremonese style. Biography, gallery, and contact information.
- Rainbow Violins - Fanciful, low cost Chinese violins in assorted colors. Offered by Emma Newton of Merstham, UK.
- Rampini, Claudio - Includes photos of violins, biography and links.
- Scroggin, David - Graduate of the Chicago School of Violin Making exhibits instruments and explains violin repairs and restoration.
- Severin Schurger, Inc. - Miami dealer of certified original violins from the 18th and 19th century. Contemporary and inexpensive instruments also available.
- Southern California Association of Violin Makers - Nonprofit organization in San Diego devoted to advancing the art of violin making. Includes meeting and membership information as well as resources.
- Starr and Santiago Violins - Offering hand made violins and restorations.
- Terry Michael Borman, Violin Maker - Terry Michael Borman, Violin Maker. Fine instruments, personally hand-crafted using finest Bosnian Maples and used by performance and recording artists, world-wide.
- The American Federation of Violin and Bow Makers - Organization devoted to setting the standards for the US and Canadian violin and bow making community. Membership requirements, events and resources for the violin maker are included.
- The Violin - Illustrates the history and the making of violins. Also includes information about violin composers, playing, family and science.
- Trabucchi Stefano - Cremona, Italy based violin maker, including biography, gallery of his instruments, and contact information. Pages in English, Italian, and German.
- Violin Making - Books and tapes available from H.S. Wake Publishing.
- Violin Making: A Guide for the Amateur - A book, available online, intended to help the beginning violin maker.
- Vittorio Villa and Marcello Villa violin makers - Makers of Stradivari Stradivarius, Guarneri del Gesù Guarnerius, Amati, violins and violas reproduction. (Cremona, Italy)
This category needs an editor
This category incorporates modified data from the Open Directory Project.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.