- Camps and Workshops (78)
- A Beginners Guide to Music Lessons - This web page is a great guide for anyone starting music lessons. These are practical tips that we have discovered after years of teaching music.
- About Music for Teens - An online source for news, gosip, interviews, reviews, and free downloads specifically for teens.
- BSO Kids - Site presents interactive games, an introduction to instruments, and kids can meet the musicians.
- Boopadoo - Music resources for young children. Contains free downloads, reviews, search engine, articles and awards.
- Children's Music - Articles by Jennifer T. Stack and links to related sites.
- Children's Music Web - Nonprofit organization offering music education links for teachers and parents.
- Choosing a musical instrument for your child - An article about this topic by Christine Reed.
- Dallas Symphony for Kids - Games, music, classroom activities, and information about going to the symphony.
- DataDragon: Music Education - Provides tutorials and guides, on musical styles, music history, and instruments, with audio examples.
- Dogs and Birds - Dogs and Birds provide highly successful educationals books that teach the piano to very young children, from ages 4 to 7. It uses animals to symbolize musical notes.
- Free Childrens Music - Completely free and totally legal MP3 downloads (previews with a broadband connection) from a variety of kids music artists. All in one place. Genre-specific to children.
- From the Top - A radio show that features outstanding young classical musicians ages five to nineteen.
- Gallinamusic.com - Home of composers Michael and Jill Gallina. View scores and listen to educational music, musical theatre, vocal music, choir music, multicultural music, and partner songs.
- Googols to Learn with Music - An article about learning through music: Songs that teach are a natural and fun way to learn for children.
- Guitar Tips For Kids - Providing Online Guitar Lessons For Children. Welcome to the wonderful world of "Guitar Tips For Kids." A state of the art 'child safe' Guitar learning web site available to all children around the world. Offering a FREE weekly Newsletter as well as 2 AMAZING Guitar Courses - both JAM packed with tonnes of digital images & interactive play along audio tracks. We guarantee your child will be slamming on their Guitar like a millionaire rock star in just a few simple weeks. Don't miss out... come & join the FUN today!!
- Harmony Road - Description of this group music lesson program. Schools available throughout US, Perth -Australia, Amsterdam - the Netherlands and Macclesfield, UK.
- Home Music Schooling - Offering a home schooling curriculum along with elementary lesson material and resources.
- Joyful Note Music Education Fondation - It uses a brain-based approach to learning using music, movement, and play. Our approach can help develop attention, musicality, social development, and intellectual development.
- Kids Music Web - Informative guide to kids music on the web.
- Kindermusik International, Inc. - Publishes curricula and licenses schools in more than 30 countries to teach music and movement to children from infants to age 7. Founded in Germany, now based in North Carolina. History, instrument and publication sales, school locator.
- Learn to Make Musical Instruments for Children - An article about this topic by Beatrice Sheftel.
- Learning with Googol Power - Educational Music - site also has free online music videos, worksheets, educational games and articles. GOOGOLS OF FUN!
- Listen & Learn Music - A collection of educational songs for children written by a board-certified music therapist.
- Makin' Music - Arkansas company offering home school music instruction and workshops for early childhood music teachers at Arkansas Tech.
- Mama Lisa's World: Children's Songs and Nursery Rhymes of All Nations - Large collection of children's songs and nursery rymes from around the world in English and in their native language. Includes sound files.
- Music Notes: An Interactive Online Musical Experience - A fun, educational guide for children to music theory, history, instruments, and composers. Features quizs, forums, and sounds.
- Music Together - Early childhood music program stressing adult involvement in mixed-age classes involving singing, moving, chanting, listening, and exploring musical instruments, founded in 1987. Locator, history, articles.
- Music for Young Children - Instruction in keyboard, singing, solfege, rhythm, ear training, sight reading, theory, history, and composing for children to age 11 at schools in North America, Asia and Oceania. Teacher list.
- Musically Inclined - Explores music theory, history, and composers. Features interactive games, forums, and sounds.
- Musikgarten - Offers training for early childhood music teachers in North America and Asia. Studios, instruments, classroom materials, and workshops.
- New York Philharmonic KidZone - Symphony site introduces kids to instruments, composers, and musicians.
- Nursery Rhymes - The lyrics and audio for several nursery rymes.
- Opera for the Young - Engages and educates children about opera with professional, school-based performances, involving students in performance and production. Available throughout US although specializing in Midwest area.
- Play Music.org - Provides information for kids about instruments, composers, and musicians. Kids can play several interactive musical games.
- Pratt's Educational Resources: Children's Music - Features children's songs, lesson plans, musical instrument crafts, activities and related links.
- Ritmìa - Description of this music education and appreciation method for children of three to ten years old. Also information about the author and her other publications.
- San Francisco Symphony Kids' Site - Kids can learn about instruments of the orchestra, musicians, and composers.
- Sing To Learn Educational Children's Music - The home of educational songs for kids by songwriter and music educator Obie Leff. Sing To Learn features a variety of reading, writing, and phonics songs for kindergarten and early primary grades. Math CDs include Skip Counting, Multiplication, and basic geometry and shapes.
- So This Is Opera - Michigan-based lyric soprano and music educator Yvette Lewis performs program introducing children to opera in schools. Testimonials and press, artist-in-residence program, links.
- Storytime Songs - This site contains free ideas and activities for parents and teachers on ways to share music with children. There are also instructions on making homemade musical instruments and CDs of original storytime songs.
- The Childrens Music Portal - Childrens music portal, featuring information, resources, article, links, and music for artists, educators, parents and children
- The Music Room - Introduces children to music theory and history in a fun, entertaining way.
- The Musical Brain - Explains the brain's reaction to music in terms suitable for both children and scholars. Brightly colored illustrations, bibliography.
Special Music by Special People Greatest Hits CD
The latest release from Special Music by Special People features the best of our three previous releases, plus four exciting new tracks including our latest hit "What You Really Want in Life". Special Music by Special People allows children and adults with developmental disabilities the opportunity to record, compose, and perform their own music. Through this process skills such as verbal, mnemonic, musical, and social are nurtured in an atmosphere emphasizing self-esteem, teamwork, accomplishment, and fun.
|Producers:||Emery Joe Yost and Michael Dolan|
|Guest Musicians:||LaTour, Joe Yost, Michael Dolan, The Twigs, Paraplegic M.C.|
itunes and many others and at www.specialmusic.org for mail order
Available from: http://cdbaby.com/cd/smsp2
Legal free download.
Only available online.
This category incorporates modified data from the Open Directory Project.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.