Top » Styles » Avant-Garde » Experimental » Links
- Allsound - A Slashdot-styled news and discussion forum covering the gamut of experimental, fringe and avant-garde music and sound art. Updated daily.
- European Free Improvisation - Large resource with profiles and links to articles and sites on non-idiomatic improvisational music, artists, and related independent labels.
- Insine - A space where you can listen to and download music from new artists and labels in the experimetal/noise/electronica scene.
- L'entrepot - A resource center for unconventional tunes, especially electronic, experimental, self-willed pop and rock, lo-fi, and post rock. Reviews, interviews and links.
- Livingroom.org - Forum for experimental music, new artistic ideas, performance art, multimedia performance, live art, improvisation and avant garde creative endeavors.
- Mother Tongue Projects - Group developing various sound and musical productions as well as new media events and live performances, striving to bring together tradition and research, classicism and eclectism.
- Musings - A resource for non-standard music, such as free improvisation, out-there jazz, composition, and electro-acoustics. Reviews, MP3s, searchable archives and excellent connections to the rest of the world.
- NOMUSIC - An audio art gallery with several exhibits, and a call for entries.
- NoiseIndex - NYC industrial, experimental, and noise resource, with calendar, reviews, photos, artist profiles, and music clips.
- NoiseWeb - A site for dark, ambient and experimental noise and sounds, with event listings, articles and interviews, and links to related sites.
- NoizGuild - A noise/power electronic/industrial/experimental label, project, and DJ team.
- OddMusic.com - Focused on unusual, experimental and ethnic music, such as music created in unusual ways or with unusual insturments. With sound clips, pictures of instruments, and links to related sites.
- Psychedelic Noise - Interviews and personal reviews of music being released in both New Zealand and Japan.
- The Blender - Australian portal and news site for experimental, noise, drone and related music styles.
- The Deep Listening Catalog - The main site for Pauline Oliveros' Deep Listening Band and their record label, which includes such composers as Phil Niblock and Malcolm Goldstein. Experimental, avant-garde and minimalist music.
- The History of Experimental Music in Northern California - An extensive archive of information about experimental music from the 50s through the present, including artists, composers, groups, labels and articles.
- The Incredible Disharmonic Sound Experience - Create your own modern sound - piano improvisations from Thomas Thü Hürlimann.
- The Make It Up Club - Melbourne's imrovisational music and multi-arts performance venue, specializing in jazz, noise, experimentation, and sound surgery. Inlcudes video footage, profiles, gigs, and chat.
- Trombonisticalisms - A site for trombonists, free improvisors, and other intellectuals.
- Zu Casa - A laboratory for online exhibition and performance of improvised and experimental music, artist film and video, and net art.
This category incorporates modified data from the Open Directory Project.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.