- A Brief History Of The Blues - An essay by Robert M. Baker presented by the BluesWeb. Besides historical facts this essay offers an explanation of what makes a song a blues song.
- African Genesis - Explains the essence of the blues through the years including extensive quotes from blues masters about their art
- Alan and John Lomax: An Historical Tour - Take a tour through the life of these folklorists who played a major part in recording and preserving the blues from the 1930's through 1960's.
- Blue Flame Cafe - An interactive biographical encyclopedia of the great blues singers and singers of the blues, from Charley Patton to Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- Blues & Travel Guide - Mini-guide to the evolution of the blues and what place travel took in the formation of the sound
- Blues & Race Relations - Excellent website about the history of the Blues and how it affected the race relations in the USA.
- Blues and the Railroads - Looks at the evolution of blues as musicians hopped freight trains as they rambled around
- Bluesroots.de - The story of the blues (in German)
- Deep Ellum: A Blues Street - A historical view on the history of the Deep Ellum, the blues street of Dallas, Texas.
- Delta Blues Museum - The Museum houses thousands of books, recordings, tapes, CDs, videos, rare photographs and memorabilia tracing the roots of this unique American phenomenon.
- Down Home Music Archives - DHMA is a documentary project founded in 1989 by Carolle Uithoven with a primary focus on blues music and musicians in Chicago and the Midwestern United States.
- Early Blues Web Site - To broaden the awareness and understanding of early blues music.
- History of the Blues - Presenting the history of blues music in a tree, maps, essays and links.
- It's A Girl Thang - A celebration of women and their vast contributions to blues music. The site includes historical profiles as well as features of contemporary female artists.
- Jump Blues History - A short introduction to the history of this energetic style of blues.
- Maxwell Street: A Blues Street - Article about the history and decline of this street where blues musicians such as Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf, once infused Chicago's electricity into their Delta guitars.
- Prewar blues and gospel on microgroove - In this discography are detailed all known issues on microgroove (LPs, EPs, 45 rpm singles) of blues and gospel recordings made prior to 1943. CD and cassette issues are shown only for titles that has never appeared on microgroove.
- The Blues: An Historical Tour - Let the Memphis Guide take you on an tour through the history of the blues in words and pictures while listening to the music.
- The History of Chess Records - An article on the history of the famous Chicago blues label that launched the careers of such famous artists as Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Jimmy Rogers, and Buddy Guy.
- The Story of Modern Music and the Blues - Brief but interesting look at the evolution of music and its roots in the blues
- This Week In Blues History - The title says it all. Facts and stories about the blues of decades past.
This category needs an editor