Top » Bands and Artists » G » Grateful Dead » Links » Magazines and E-zines
- A Conversation With Phil Lesh - Rolling Stone Network: random notes.
- APB G-Files: Hot Documents From The Government's Vaults - Copies of the FBI's files on the Dead.
- CNN - Dead end their 'long, strange trip' - Dec. 9, 1995 - Rock historians will mark Friday, December 8 as the day The Grateful Dead died.
- Day Of The Living Dead - The Grateful Dead returns as the Other Ones. It's not a reunion, really--it's a reincarnation [TIME.com]
- Dead grateful for MP3--with limits - report of the band's stance on trading digital shows [CNET News.com]
- Dead to Rise at Opening of Interactive Museum - The Grateful Dead are raising funds to build Terrapin Station, 'equal parts interactive museum, sensory playground, and social/cultural laboratory.' A New Year's Eve reunion concert is scheduled for the 1999 opening. [Wired News]
- Entertainment Weekly's EW.com - The Grateful Dead, arguably the most popular band in rock & roll history -- and certainly the one with the most devoted fans -- is about to get the full biographical treatment. (EW.com is the official web site for Entertainment Weekly magazine--it offers daily entertainment news, reviews, Hot Topics, a daily entertainment quiz and other interactive features, as well as a search engine for every back issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine.)
- Grateful Dead Almanac - the first online edition of the Grateful Dead Almanac.
- Grateful Dead Music Museum's Groundbreaking Planned For 2000 - plans for Terrapin Station [SonicNet]
- Grateful Dead Time Capsule - Grateful Dead event timeline, biographies, discographies, album cover art galleries, songlists, historic concerts, TV appearances, solo bands, sources for CDs, videos, DVDs and books
- Jerry Garcia, LIVE! at the Homeless Poets Cafe - Jerry Garcia, singer, songwriter, guitarist, and founder of the Grateful Dead, biography and works page.
- Lesh Kept Secret Online - The Grateful Dead's former bassist recently dodged media attention as he prepared to have a liver transplant, but kept in touch with supporters online. By Steve Silberman. [Wired News]
- Official press release concerning Jerry's Guitars - Ownership of Jerry's Guitars is in dispute. This release attempts to clear the air.
- Phil Lesh and Friends line up summer shows - Ratdog--as well as Willie Nelson, Les Claypool's Frog Brigade, the String Cheese Incident, the Disco Biscuits, Hot Tuna, Galactic and moe--will open for Lesh and Friends on various June and July dates.
- Ratdog, Rusted Root head up Further-like festival - Though the Grateful Dead spin-off tour Further Festival won't take to the road this year, Bob Weir's Ratdog will head up a similarly themed tour dubbed So Many Roads. Rusted Root, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe and Keller Williams will also be on the bill.
- Relix Magazine - Music for the Mind
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - Inductee biography.
- RollingStone.com: The Grateful Dead - Includes a biography, discography, photos, articles, videos, links and message board.
- Roots of the Grateful Dead - information, articles and reference material about the songs that the Grateful Dead have performed and recorded. The focus will be on the origins and evolution of songs that were not written by the band (Hunter/Garcia, Weir/Barlow et al).
- Tapers Aid DAT-Makers - A Deadhead trader helps orchestrate an alliance that enables fans of psychedelic "jam bands" to roll their own high-quality bootlegs. [Wired News]
- That's It For The Other One Map & Guide - Diagrams of some performances of That's It For The Other One.
- The Deadhead Reading Room - Lists related books with brief descriptions and links for finding them on the internet.
- The Grateful Dead Reader - Edited by David Dodd and Diana Spaulding. A collection of writings about The Grateful Dead, offering both classic and hard-to-find essays, reporting, and reviews.
- The Grateful Dead Reading Room - Lists related books with brief descriptions and links for finding them on the internet.
- The Grateful Dead and the Deadheads: An Annotated Bibliography - a book by David Dodd and Robert G. Weiner.
- The Jerry Garcia Reading Room - Lists related books with brief descriptions and links for finding them on the internet.
- The road to W1gan pier - a complete story of what happened at the 1972 Bickershaw festival featuring the Dead plus many other bands
- Tour Dates, Confirmed and Rumoured - FTP site.
This category needs an editor
This category incorporates modified data from the Open Directory Project.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.