- Anne Potter Wilson Music Library - Housed in the Blair School of Music, it serves the Vanderbilt University community and the city of Nashville. 40,000 scores and books on all historical musical periods, reference materials and periodicals, CDs, LPs, cassettes and laserdiscs.
- Archives of African American Music and Culture - Provides access to oral histories, photographs, musical and print manuscripts, audio and video recordings, and educational broadcast programs.
- Arthur Friedheim Library - Serving the faculty and students of the Peabody Conservatory of Music, the Peabody Preparatory Division and all other divisions of The Johns Hopkins University.
- Bodleian Library - The main research and copyright deposit library of the University of Oxford.
- Center for Popular Music, The - An archive and research center for the study of American popular music from the pre-revolutionary era to the present.
- Chicago Public Library - Bibliographies on music business, black gospel music, musical theatre, and links to various subjects including Chicago music.
- Cleveland Institute of Music Library - Includes hours, services, map, and an overview of the collections.
- Cornell University Music Library - Contains a collection of printed music, sound/visual recordings and writings consisting primarily of Western music and dance. It does include a representative body of non-Western, folk and popular musics.
- Eda Kuhn Loeb Music Library - Harvard University's principal resource for music books, scores, sound recordings, and videos. It also serves the international community as a research facility for musical scholarship.
- George F. DeVine Music Library - Located on the University of Tennessee, Knoxville Campus. Includes hours, location, services, indexes, an overview of the collections, a help section and databases.
- Gordon Erickson Music Library - Provides a collection of music materials for instructional and performance activities. The collection consists of scores, books, reference materials, videos, sound recordings and interactive multimedia.
- International Association of Music Libraries, Archives and Documentation Centres - Currently has about 2,000 individual and institutional members in some 45 countries, comprising major music collections, librarians, archivists and documentation specialists, musicologists, publishers and dealers.
- Lewis Music Library - Located on the MIT Campus in Cambridge, MA. Includes hours, location and map, services, an overview of the collections, web resources organized by subject, a help section, research material, policies, news and FAQ.
- Lila Acheson Wallace Library - Located at the Juilliard School in New York. Contains more than 60,000 scores, 20,000 books, 20,000 sound recordings and 700 video cassettes. Includes numerous rare printed editions, manuscripts and manuscript facsimiles, and scholarly editions of composers' collected works.
- Music Libraries Directory - An extensive list of academic and public music library sites and archives in the United States, Canada, England and Australia.
- Music and Dance Library - Located at Ohio State University in Columbus. Includes collections, frequently used services, indexes, databases and general information.
- Stanford Music Library - Located in the Braun Music Center at Stanford University, Stanford, California. Includes collections, resources, services, facilities and general information.
- The Gabe M. Wiener Music and Arts Library - Located at Columbia University. Site includes a guide to the collections.
- UC Berkeley Music Library - Features a large collection of music manuscripts and archival materials. Includes links to indexes, databases and music journals. Reference services are available.
- University of North Texas Music Library - Includes staff and contact information, policies, and information on special and general collections.
- William and Gayle Cook Music Library - Located at Indiana University in Bloomington. Includes general information, collections, resources, user services, reference and instruction, a computing/digital library and information about the Performing Ensembles Division.
This category needs an editor