Top » Styles » Country » Traditional » Old-Time » Links
- American Folklife Center - Archives of Folk Culture in the Library of Congress. Provides information about the Center; texts of publications, collection guides; links for ethnographic studies.
- Appalachian Music in Southwestern Pennsylvania - A versatile music service that specializes in live performances and instruction in traditional Old Time fiddling and stringband music. Based in Pittsburgh PA.
- Appalshop, Inc. - Whitesburg, Kentucky - on the Headwaters of the River - a media arts and cultural center
- Archives of Appalachia - web site for archives located at East Tennessee State University; the site sometimes closes for maintenance for weeks at a time; if it is down, try again
- Brandywine Friends of Old Time Music - A non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting old time music. Upcoming events, annual Delaware Valley Bluegrass Festival information, and CD ordering.
- Clyde Davenport - information and musical examples (both notated and sound) of a fine old-time fiddler and banjo player
- Cotton Ginnee and Windy Mills - A tribute to Bluegrass legends with pictures, music clips and links. Also features their album "Jammin' with the Cream of the Crop" recorded with Josh Graves, Kenny Baker, Joe Stuart, Emmitt Sullivan, Johnny Montgomery, and Frank Evans.
- Countrypolitan.com - News and information regarding yesterday and today's Countrypolitan music and singers. If you like artists such as Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, George Jones, Mandy Barnett, and Allison Moorer, then this is the place for you!
- Daughters of the Purple Sage - Specializing in songs of the golden West, Daughters of the Purple Sage sing all your old time favorites in stunning three-part harmony. Accompanying themselves on acoustic guitar, mandolin and bass -- and wearing authentic Wild West outfits -- Daughters of the Purple Sage are national favorites at Cowboy Gatherings, Conventions and Resorts.
- DeBusk-Weaver Family and Friends - We have been categorized in many ways and we love music. The Autoharp, guitars and great songs have taken us quite a few interesting places. Check out this site for more information.
- Fiddling, with Ryan J Thomson - Captain Fiddle Publications - recordings and information from a self-taught and versatile professional fiddler
- GrooveGrass Recordings - presenting the unlikely but delightful meeting of bluegrass and funk, featuring Del McCoury, Mac Wiseman, Doc Watson, and Bootsy Collins -- the GrooveGrass Boyz
- HEM Rabbit Songs - HEM's lush compositions combine the influences of American traditional music with a thoroughly modern pop sensibility. Sally Ellyson's soothing vocals and the rich acoustic instrumentation of the band tie these influences together.
- Harold "Hawkshaw" Hawkins: Eleven and a Half Yards of Personality - A tribute to the late, great Hawkshaw Hawkins, including bio and lots of pictures, as well as links to related sites and recordings.
- Hillbilly-Music - Country music history from the barn dance to the Opry. Photographs, profiles, and discographies of hillbilly music artists, groups, and DJs.
- Improbabillies, The - Exploring the crossroads where progressive old time music and country blues meet.
- KG and The Ranger - Cowboy Music and Yodeling - Classic cowboy and cowgirl music, cowboy songs from the movie cowboys Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, and Patsy Montana, harmony yodeling, rope tricks. Old time country music performances with an exciting new feel, with cowboy wisdom, humor, cowboy history and trick rope spinning.
- Lotus World Music and Arts Festival - Bloomington, IN, September 23-27, 1998.
- Mackenzie Traditional Country Music - Old-time country music featuring yodelers, Maine Country Music Hall of Fame and Down East Country Music Association. Early history of New England country music.
- MerleFest - Annual event in Wilkesboro, NC featuring Doc Watson and many other bluegrass and old-timey artists, in memory of Merle Watson
- Mike Seeger - Information about Mike and old-time music
- Nelson McGary's Oldtime Fiddle Pages - Oldtime fiddle tunes, images, links, stories, tall tales and outright lies. Cosmic Consciousness, drunken fiddlers, and fist fights. When fiddles are outlawed, only outlaws will have fiddles.
- Old Time Music on the Web - well-organized collection of old time links
- Randy Hollar's Cowboy Country Music - Cowboy singer and yodeler Randy Hollar sings old-time country and gospel music from the 1930s and 1940s, the Wilf Carter - Montana Slim era.
- Smithsonian Folkways - folk music offerings from all over the world, including American old time
- Stewart, Wynn - Photos, biography, discography, chat room, a jukebox that plays Real Audio music, and country music links.
- Takin' the Country Back - Designed especially for fans of traditional and classic country music, this site contains news, discographies, fan club addresses, and awards lists.
- The Backstabbers Country Stringband - Toronto-based traditional stringband performs from an immense repertoire all manner of old-time, country and bluegrass music.
- The KingPup Radio Hour "Small Time Opry" - Bluegrass, Old-Time and Acoustic Country music in RealAudio with hosts Phil & Gaye Johnson.
- The Official Hoyt Axton Home Page - A place for Hoyt's friends to gather
- The Old Time Music Workshop - Acoustic music instruction, Weekly RealAudio updates on what's happening in Crisfield, MD, Tips on restoring that classic MOPAR, and free psychic help from The Hillbilly Psychic
- The Record Lady's All-Time Country Favorites - 1920-1970 traditional old-time country music Real Audio files.
- Twangin' Country Music - an E-zine about country and roots music.
- WFMT's Midnight Special hosted by Rich Warren - "Oh, Yeah, that's the Midnight Special..."
- Wednesday Tunes - Old Time Fiddle Jam - A listing of weekly jam sessions and music and dance links in the Florida region. Jam sessions support fiddle, banjo, guitar, mandolin, dulcimer, bass, and bodhran, playing Old Time southern dance tunes with a few Irish tunes thrown in now and then.
- YesterdaysCountry.Com - Original country music song writers in New Jersey offering cowboy western music. By Frank Gross, this site has Nashville sounds of the fifties, traditional country, and folk music.
- Yodeling Queen Janet McBride - Biography and samples of Janet McBride, who taught LeAnn Rimes how to yodel. Special tribute by personal friend Patsy Montana.
- folkmusic.org - informative folk site formerly known as FolkBook
- rec.music.country.old-time--Frequently Asked Questions - provides good definition of what people mean by old time music
This category incorporates modified data from the Open Directory Project.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.