- A Jazz Improvisation Primer, by Marc Sabatella - Information on topics relating to jazz improvisation: history, theory, practical advice on playing in a group.
- A Passion for Jazz! Music Commentary, History and Education. - History of Jazz music origins, styles and musicians featuring photo gallery, timeline, festivals, webcasts, piano chords, scales, online lessons and music teacher locator.
- Basic Jazz Improvisation Primer - A basic primer on jazz improvisation by Michael Furstner. Deals with using chord root tones and chord guide tones.
- Brent D. Stuntzner's Jazz Guitar Site - A jazz guitar site featuring several free transcriptions of solos by some of jazz guitar greats. Formats include standard notation, TAB, MIDI, and Jam Tracks.
- Caltera School - [Berwyn, IL, US] Jeremy Callner and Jason Paterna offers studies in jazz improvisation, combos, ear training, and music business. Photos, email address.
- Clifford Brown Jazz Foundation - Names of those awarded scholarships by the foundation, with links to audio files of recordings by the great trumpeter.
- Dixieland Jazz - Offers Louis Armstrong transcriptions, improvisation lessons, and 'Band in a Box' songs.
- Dixieland Jazz - How to play Dixieland Jazz, transcriptions showing how Louis Armstrong did it, improvisation lessons showing how you can do it with the help of 'Band in a Box' songs.
- Greg Fishman Jazz Studios - This site is dedicated to the study of jazz improvisation. The site features original content discussing various aspects of jazz improvisation, theory, licks, chords and practice tips.
- Hal Galper Articles - Online versions of articles by the jazz pianist that originally appeared in publications such as "Down Beat" include Forward Motion, Comping, Stagefright, Practice and Performance Goals, and How to Learn a Tune.
- I Was Doing All Right - A jazz trumpet player's journey with musical and technical development, featuring ear training tools and improvisation tips.
- Institute for American Classical Music - Facility established by Vernon W. Lewis in Bala Cynwood, Pennsylvania, in support of jazz, gospel music, and African-American folk music, offering workshops, concerts, and mentoring.
- International Association of Schools of Jazz - [Netherlands] Organisation of institutions engaged in the teaching of jazz on a regular basis.
- Jazz Arranging Tutorial - Doug Bristol's site is a good reference for those interested in learning the basics of jazz ensemble arranging.
- Jazz For The Masses - A one stop resource for Lead Sheets (with play alongs), Jazz History, and Jazz Theory.
- Jazz Guitar Improvisation in One Lesson - Jazz guitar online diagrams outline limits of classical jazz harmony in major with improvisation options. More than isolated chords or single key area map. No previous theory required.
- Jazz House Kids - New Jersey foundation provides in-school and summer programs developing jazz instrumental and vocal skills in elementary and middle school students and their music teachers. Online ticket sales and donations.
- Jazz Impact Institute - Bassist, educator, and NEA grant recipient Harvey Gold, Ph.D., presents seminars with his jazz sextet to teach corporate employees how to handle change.
- Jazz Logic - Step-by-step jazz improvisation method book, containing four play-along CDs, written for both group and individual instruction.
- Jazz Resource Center - Systematic approach to piano voicings and scales as well as transcriptions.
- Jazz Transcriptions - Offer free solo transcriptions to musicians, educators, and music enthusiasts.
- Jazz theory and Improvisation by Pete Thomas - Online tutorials and resources on jazz theory, saxophone playing and composition by UK recording musician Pete Thomas.
- Jazzmasters Workshop - Non-profit organization providing free jazz education to school children in California and other states. Mentors, FAQ, contributions.
- Jeff Helgesen's Home Page - Features tens of jazz trumpet solos transcriptions. (PDF format). Includes Dorham, Hubbard, Fagerquist, Baker and other trumpettists.
- Jenny's Jazz Forum - Some archived articles on jazz improvisation and transcriptions.
- Joan Wildman: Articles on Jazz Improvisation - Some articles about improv and harmony by a professor at the University of Wisconsin. Also, soundclips, examples and links to other jazz sites.
- Learn Jazz Piano by Scot Ranney - Free online jazz piano lessons with graphical and audio examples of different styles and approaches. Also includes jazz piano discussion forums.
- Psyching Out Improvisation Demons - Roger Freundlich shares his experience in teaching jazz improvisation to adult students.
- Purcell, Simon - British jazz pianist and educator offers downloadable play-along tunes and practice guides, with links to his quintet and the Glamorgan Summer School in Wales.
- SoYouWanna Learn About Jazz? - Full length article discusses the fundamentals of jazz appreciation, including history, styles, and personalities.
- Swing and Jump Blues Guitar - Matthieu Brandt's free instructional swing guitar method.
- Taming the Saxophone - Online tutorials and resources on jazz theory, saxophone playing and composition by UK recording musician Pete Thomas.
- The Brubeck Institute at the University of the Pacific - Offering fellowships, jazz camp, summer jazz colony, and jazz archives for developing artists. Includes news, contact, programs, calendar, sponsors, special events, and staff biographies.
- The Jazz School - [Berkeley, CA, US] Non-profit school for all ages. Admissions and courses offered.
- WNUR Links to Jazz Education - WNUR's page of links to jazz education sites, university courses, and jazz charts.
This category needs an editor
This category incorporates modified data from the Open Directory Project.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.