British InvasionRefers to those bands and artists of the early and mid 1960s who followed The Beatles and crossed the Atlantic to find an American audience waiting with open arms.
Typified by ringing guitars, lyrical hooks and catchy melodies these artists were usually heavily influenced by early American rhythm and blues singers.
- British Beat Boom 1963-66 - Comprehensive list of rock groups from the British Invasion of the 60s. Includes charts, biographies, discographies and photos of many famous and obscure bands of the era.
- British Invasion - Music of the 1960s revisited, with information about popular British bands of the era.
- British Pop Culture in the 1960s - Extensive history of British bands and solo performers of the time. Includes photographs, a top 100 chart, interviews and music trivia. The site also has a 1960s film and TV section, pop culture hall of fame, trends and events.
- Danny's Brit Oldies Jukebox - Two dozen songs in Real Audio format by lesser known British 60s artists. Site also includes some band and memorabilia photographs through the mid 1960s.
- Making Time - Provides an evolving resource about British groups of the 1960s. Extensive list of bands with links to related sites, CD and book reviews, news and a quiz.
- My Generation - UK 60s music site with The Searchers, The Troggs, The Swinging Blue Jeans, The Merseybeats and a sixties mailing list.
- Pop Thing: Sixties Pop Culture In Spanish. - Cultural project developed by a Spanish team and devoted to the sounds of the sixties music scene and the European films of those days.
- Stoned - Memoirs of London in the 1960s by Andrew Loog Oldham, the Rolling Stones' first manager and record producer.
- The British Invasion - Tribute to British popular music of the 1960s.
This category needs an editor