|E-mail:||Send to ketiltrout|
- Bands and Artists: 8: 8½ Souvenirs (1)
- Bands and Artists: G: Godspeed You! Black Emperor (12)
- Bands and Artists: H: Huun-Huur-Tu: Discography (8)
- Bands and Artists: J: Jake Trout & The Flounders (1)
- Bands and Artists: S: Squirrel Nut Zippers (31)
- Bookmarks: ketiltrout (11)
- Resources (4)
- Styles (22)
- Test: Ketil Trout (6)
- Test: Old Styles (158)
- Test: World (6,259)
My father was Hallbjörn, nicknamed Halftroll, the son of Ulf the Brave. We lived on the island of Hrafnista, which lies near Raumsdal. He was a powerful man and influential over the farmers north of there.
I grew up to be a big and strong man, and handsome too. But as soon as I was a few winters old, I lazed in the kitchen, seeming a laughing-stock to brave men, and was taken to be such. This was my custom: I lay by the fire, with one hand propping up my head, while I lay the other across my knees and poked the fire. My father told me not to do this, and said that I must improve my behaviour. I said nothing. I went away for some time, and was gone for three nights. Then I came home and had a chair on my back. I had done well. I gave it to my mother and for her greater love I had rewarded her rather than my father.