Top » Education » Resources
- Children@ (125)
- Courses and Lessons@ (71)
- Directories@ (14)
- Teaching Materials@ (124)
- Band Director.com-Source for Band Directors - Site for band directors, with articles by contributing authors
- Band Music of the Civil War Era-Library of Congress - Library of Congress section includes resources and photographs
- British Journal of Music Education (BJME) - Aims to provide clear, stimulating and readable accounts of current issues in music education worldwide, together with a section containing extended book reviews.
- Bugle Calls - A variety of bugle call files from the U.S. Army Bands website
- Build A Recording Studio - Guide to building a recording studio or project studio - how to custom-build a computer audio workstation, choose suitable equipment, mixers, sound cards, and recording software.
- Bulletin Boards for the Music Classroom - A beneficial music education resource, with photographs and ideas for creative bulletin boards and displays
- Burning Grooves - Online publication of articles and guides for recording and setting up your studio.
- Digital Daydreams Music Resources - A wide range of information about music theory, history and technology.
- Drum Solo Artist - Drum Solo Artist Official Site is dedicated to Drum Solo Artists, Drum Solo Techniques, Custom Drums, Custom Drum Setups and Rhythm in General.
- Flashrock: Dictionary and Glossary - This page offers a music dictionary terminology.
- Glossary of Musical Terms - A complete and useful glossary.
- Gordon Institute for Music Learning - Non-profit organization advancing the research in music education.
- Holly's Music Education Page - Links to teacher resource sites, job openings, lesson plans, sheet music and supplies.
- International Music Archives - Music and musical instruments of the world: articles and pictures, categorized geographically.
- Learn music production - Free learning resources for music producers. Articles, video tutorials, documentaries, reviews, and other tips and tricks for better home recordings.
- Lesson Tutor: Music - It offers articles on music notation, and printable crosswords reinforcing basic notation vocabulary.
- Mariachi Educator's Resource Page - Educational aids, resources, ideas and discussions for the Mariachi educator.
- Metronome Online - Virtual metronome.
- Music 4 Education - Free resources for music classroom teaching. Includes links and discussion board.
- Music Education Madness - For educators of all age levels and areas of expertise. Includes monthly articles, a kids section, and teaching aids.
- Music Education and Student Self-Concept - A review of literature concerning music education and student self-concept.
- Music Is..And the Value of Music in Education - Hard data on the benefits of music in education and everyday life
- Music K-8 Magazine - Offers many resources for elementary music teachers.
- Music Lessons Plus - Connecting tutors & learners around the globe. Music Lessons Plus supports professional & experienced teachers offering lessons on a one to one basis.
- Music Teacher's Resource Site - Includes lesson ideas, links, reviews, and rounds.
- Music Tech Teacher - Elementary Music Tech classroom in Alabama. The site has student compositions, work, pictures and it will provide resources and information to music teachers interested in using technology to teach music. Discussion board for ideas and feedback.
- Music and Health - Offers articles on piano teaching and information about musicians' health.
- Music at School - For secondary music instructors. Free PDF versions of worksheets, plus online lessons and interactive quizzes.
- Musicals101.com - The Cyber Encyclopedia of Musicals - The history of musical theatre, film and television
- Musicards.net - Online music theory flash cards to help students learn note names, key signatures, intervals, triads, and notes on the piano and guitar.
- Musician's Health - Educational site devoted to the understanding and the explanation of musician's injuries.
- Musicians and Injuries - An article about instrumental injuries, useful for musicians and teachers.
- Online Practice Record for music students - A Web program that encourages you to practice by keeping track of your daily practice time, the music you practice, and questions or comments for you and/or your teacher.
- OnlinePracticeRecord.com - A free program (registration required) that encourages practice by keeping track of daily practice time, the music, and questions or comments for the student and/or teacher.
- PBS: The Blues - The companion site to film series offers in-depth historical context to the music, musicians and geographical locations introduced in each of the films. Blues lovers, film aficionados, teachers, students, and music fans everywhere will be able to access additional information related to the series and the art form.
- Pay the Piper - Detailed advice for children and parents about taking up a musical instrument: what to play, how to buy it, and how to get lessons.
- Piano Pedagogy Plus - This site provides resources for piano teachers in the form of articles, analyses, a discussion forum, video clips, free digital sheet music, and audio clips.
- Quiz Hub: Musical Terms - Match musical terms with their definitions.
- Royal Conservatory of Music Examinations - The high standards of The Royal Conservatory of Music curriculum are made available and accessible to students around the world through a Certificate Program. Site includes general information, and online applications.
- SchenkerGuide - An introduction to Schenkerian analysis for undergraduate music students. Includes background, working method glossary and bibliography.
- Tales From Band Camp - Fun site for band students (and directors!). Includes weekly cartoons. This is very cute!
- Taps Bugler - History of Taps and other bugle calls
- Technological Directions in Music Learning - Electronic journal of the Institute for Music Research at the University of Texas. Includes articles and research reports taken from all seven technological directions in conferences.
- The Classical Music Navigator - A service directed primarily toward student and/or novice classical music listeners, and featuring a structure facilitating the identification and linking of composers and their works, styles, and influences.
- The Instrumentalist Magazine - Practical information & innovative ideas for band directors
- The Music Education Resource Directory - Listings of businesses, educational institutions, and merchants.
- The Musicland - An educational site for music resources at GSCE and A-Level, plus online aural tests and a host of other interactive features.
- The Piano Education Page - Resources for teachers, students, parents of students, and fans of the piano with several hundred pages of free information.
- The Stringstuff Page - It talks about string music education, and string orchestra. For string teachers.
- The Tabworld.com - Visitor written lessons, tips & tricks, how-to's and other articles for guitar, bass, drums and other instruments.
- The Texas School Music Project - Band, choir, orchestra and elementary tips from the music professionals from Stephen F. Austin State University.
- ThinkingApplied.com - It offers two articles about musical learning.
- Unitus - Maintained and developed by the clarinet studio at the University of Memphis. Tutorials in music, reading, and mentors from the Memphis Symphony and the University of Memphis.
- Visual dictionary - Music - Where words are defined as pictures, for learning the exact names of objects.
- What equipment needed for home recording studio - Detailed overview on how to set up your own bedroom recording studio.
- Your Personal Singing Guide - Learn all about singing and other related topics, including how to solve common singing problems and how to develop a great singing voice! Many useful singing tips provided, together with music related resources, provided by a professional vocal coach!
This category incorporates modified data from the Open Directory Project.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.