Top » Styles » Electronica » Trip-Hop
Originated in: Bristol, UK (trip-hop was first called brit-hop), 1991-1992
Characterized with: Hip-hop beat (usually under 115-120 bpm), dub bass, sempled drum breaks
Major Labels: Mo' Wax, Ninja Tune, Cup of Tea, Wall of Sound
- Trip-Hop - History of trip-hop
- AMG - Characteristics of trip-hop, trip-hop albums.
- AudioStreet.net - Free trip-hop mp3s
- Maze of Trip-Hop - A fan site which includes information about the genre and some artists, audio streams
- Mixmag -> Trip Hop - The first article about trip-hop in Mixmag
- Monster Mo's Trip Hop Page - Links related to the genre
- TRIPOFAGIA | trip-hop & downbeat - Hundreds of artists. New and future releases, biographies, reviews, interviews, news, samples. Languages: English and Portuguese.
- Trip-Hop Community - Biographies and discographies of a great number of artists, album reviews, samples, news, a section for downloads of manuals, plug-ins, sounds, wallpapers, screensavers and tools.
- Trip-Hop News - Trip-Hop News continually updated from thousands of sources around the net.
- World of Trip Hop - General trip hop site, features many trip hop bands.
- Styles: Electronica: Ambient: Breakbeat
- Styles: Electronica: Big Beat
- Styles: Electronica: Downtempo
- Styles: Dance: Drum and Bass